Mixed Mode Multi-Port VNA
AEM’s Mixed Mode Multi-Port VNA (MMVNA) 100 is a powerful RF vector network analyzer (VNA) for characterizing devices with multiple ports. Through its innovative patent-pending RF measurement system, MMVNA 100 houses a sophisticated S-parameter measurement capability in a small, portable form-factor.
Given its native capability to measure mixed-mode S-parameters, the MMVNA 100 is an ideal choice for balanced and dual-ended DUTs. Unlike traditional VNAs, the MMVNA 100 does not need complex test fixtures or tedious post processing to accomplish analyses of balanced DUTs such as twisted pair cables. The MMVNA 100 also has a unique capability to synchronize measurements across the DUT and perform full dual-ended S-parameter measurements.
The MMVNA 100 can be controlled from a computer. The accompanying software application – the “VNA Manager” – incorporates sophisticated data analysis functions. Besides facilitating ease of management of the MMVNA 100, it also allows for data collection, analysis, and reporting. In addition, its intuitive user interface makes the task of choosing the right parameters of interest from hundreds of measured parameters, extremely easy.
The MMVNA 100 can be easily adapted to an existing workflow in a manufacturing test environment or a lab environment.
- Laboratory and manufacturing testing of twisted pair enterprise LAN cables and patch-cords
- Laboratory characterization and manufacturing testing of twisted pair automotive cables (e.g. IEEE 802.3bp 1000BaseT1)
- Laboratory characterization and manufacturing testing of high speed balanced cabling for industrial use
- Manufacturing testing of high speed USB and HDMI cables
- Laboratory characterization and manufacturing testing of high speed data cables for Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as HDBASE-T (TV connectivity), LED connectivity, and specialty sensor connections